Thursday, March 22, 2012

with the dawn, we all begin again.

GREETINGS from sunny Kenya!

I believe to the lucky one, looking out the window to a clear, cool, sunshine filled day! I hear its a bit gloomy and rainy in the golden state. I just wanted to send a quick update on how things are fairing on over here. My work at ByGrace Academy is moving on well. We are busy with ending our first term, updating records and getting our students prepared for their exams next week! We have a short break, and second term begins! Our student numbers continue to rise which is nice, and I've enjoyed getting to know the new faces.

As some of you know, Lakewood Christian Schools had chosen us as their February Mission Project receivers. It has been great connecting with Pat and the teachers about the school supplies we need and trying to send letters to one another. We thought it would be good to make a short film about us at ByGrace. Sharing our stories, faces, and ways to be apart of our ministry here is greatly important to us. Editing is almost complete and we hope to have our first launch of the film in the coming weeks! Look out for that video on my blog, youtube, and potentially showing at LCS.

My roommate Lauren has been home the last 2 weeks in New Jersey visiting family and friends which has left me with the house to myself! Lucky for me I am an introvert and have enjoyed the solitude. She returns next week and it will be a nice welcome to have her back around. I'm very much enjoying church and being challenged and growing in my walk with Christ. My church, Nairobi Chapel, aims to 'GROW DEEP TO REACH WIDE'. My senior pastor, Oscar, was invited to speak at Biola's Mission Conference this last week! I was able to share a cup of coffee with him and talk about my time at Biola, and how this conference is dear to my heart. I'm not sure if any of you attended, but I know there are podcasts on the Biola website of the conference seminars, check out his messages! We had a great time praying for the students who would be hearing and being stirred to serve during the 3 day event. I can't wait for our follow up meeting and to hear how his time went in my neck of the woods. My two worlds are coming closer together!!

Onto other news, my search for a reliable vehicle is still on! The two options I had previously spoke about have now been closed doors. I've been able to visit some car shows and look online to see whats available and how the prices are going. Unfortunately, all vehicles in Kenya have been imported, mainly from Japan and Korea. Therefore, the import tax on this commodity is high. I have prayed, researched, and observed the prices and quality of cars the last couple weeks. I have decided that my vehicle budget will be $6000. I know it sounds high, but this amount guarantees a working, used vehicle. And most of that amount is the import tax. I am still needing funds for this need. Any amount given is a blessing! If you would like to give, please contact me, thanks!

I've been missing Cali lately (well, I dont so much miss the rain). But i miss the shore, friends, church, family, community...and driving! : ) Please know I pray for each of you and am so appreciative of all the support and prayers you have given me during my time here. It does not go unnoticed. Dont hesitate to let me know how YOU are doing, I enjoy hearing how things are going on the other side of the globe.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Shalom.


No comments:

Post a Comment