Friday, March 9, 2012

simple yet profound.

Greetings from windy Kenya! The weather here has been a bit odd lately. It rains occasionally, then bursts of sunshine, and then the unpredictable gusts of wind! It feels like a Winnie the Pooh cartoon marathon of seasons.

Today hasn't been the easiest day this week, well, the week hasnt been so easy either. It's been a lot of sleepless nights, thoughts nonstep, and emotionally draining. Anywho, Steve reminded me of something today that I really needed to sit in, with a cup of coffee in hand, and think about. I had shared with him an important prayer request (needing a vehicle) with the many thoughts and feelings dealing with that. And he said, "I know its not easy, to wait. And sometimes you think the Lord is late or He hasnt heard your request. Continue to be honest with Him. And He knows WHEN is best." (paraphrase, mine)

I wont lie, I just wanted Steve to PRAY, but his little pep talk was a good one. As I begin my daily devotion, in the middle of my day, the devo was on CONTENTMENT. Man, God is saying something to me today! I got so down on myself at how lately I've been wanting things to go my way. I've been told this, 'shar, sometimes you want to hear what you want to hear. Or if it doesnt go as you plan, you get frustrated'. these words ring true!

And so I've sat around thinking about WHY am I so discontent? What do I feel as though I'm missing? Is it something I can change? Kinda feeling blue, I decided to go blog hunting. It's my newest past time activity! (it also helps me de-stress, no lie!) And I came across a great story about a guy named Ramon....

I have a feeling this blogger (from ohhellofriend.blog.com) adn I have some mutual friends or if our paths crossed, we WOULD be friends. She shared a true story of a friend of hers dying of cancer. As I read the words of this man's journey, it dawned on me. He's dying and yet, seems to be free of any discontentment. He knows whats fulfilling and true. It's not of this world thats for sure. His words are the quote above. THANK YOU Ramon.

.....Where do I find that?

Simple. Jesus Christ. go there. search. discover. and learn. from the Word. His promises. His love letter. to ME.

I have a feeling I wont ever meet Ramon in this life, on this planet, since well...im 11,000 miles away. But I sure know we will be dancing to a new song together, full of God, in all His splendor, together one day.

think about it. JESUS CHRIST IS LORD. I surely am.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment