Thursday, March 1, 2012

vroom vroom


Greetings! Wow, what a magical thing has just taken place. TWO posts in one day! It's like a 2 for 1 deal during holiday sales : ) I realized I haven't taken the time to inform you of my recent and urgent need. Mainly because it's another daunting task that awaits me, but one that is a necessity and one I can't avoid any longer.

Most of you have heard one or two of my 'adventures' riding public transport here in Nairobi. I thought coming from LA I'd be fine (nothing could be worse right?!), well I was wrong. There is always something new to experience on this over cramped nissan vans, literally on a daily basis. It has been a cultural experience to say the least as well. But the time has come for me to find a new and time efficient method of transport.

I am now on the search for a vehicle. I figured, living here 1 1/2 years without one, I'd make due. I'm becoming aware of the fact that this is a bit naive. Previous circumstances allowed me to not need a car, but as those have changed, I am need of one, urgently. It's rainy season (I got rained on yesterday while I was ill prepared), and where I live currently, its dirt road access. Which means for Lauren and I, major flooding and mud! We got through the short rains only missing a few shoes along the way, but the long rains are a lot more intimidating.

I also have another job, I tutor in the evenings, and since its the 'winter' season, days are much shorter. I am now having to gallop down and up the two 70 degree hills while the sun is setting so that I can make it to the bus during light. Fortunately I havent fallen on my face publicly. I also am needing to meet with other schools, potential donors, etc and having my own car shortens down the time by over half!

Therefore, here's my plea. I will surely be needing financial help in order to purchase a car here. And the import tax is horrible. I currently have two car options at the moment with owners who are personal friends of mine. Both are in good condition and selling price is doable. These cars are ready for me to own. If you are at all interested in helping me, please don't hesitate to contact me (especially if you would like more information). Also, you can mail in money to ByGrace Trust who will wire me money for purchase. One time gifts are much appreciated! The address is provided below:

ByGrace Trust
P O Box 1631
La Mirada, Ca 90637

*Please put "Shar Car" on the memo line so I know how to delegate my wired money*

I will keep you posted as the search continues. On another note, Lauren is leaving for the US this Monday for 3 weeks. Please keep her in your prayers for: travel mercies, fundraising efforts, family and friend reconnection, and getting some comforts of home along the way. It will be lonely without her, thats for sure! (Here's us at our coffeeshop, taking some girl time together)

Once again, thanks for all your support! It really gets me through the hard days and keep me thankful for how the Lord has blessed me tremendously with such great friends and support.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment