
this is an ultrasound of my heart <3
Greetings from sunny Nairobi!
I know its been a good while since I have written last. I am sincerely sorry for that. Well, let me just let you in my life these days:
I am one busy bee! I go into ByGrace during the morning/ day and then take a commute to go tutor 2 Korean kids, every day. I've really had to adjust to adding more things on my plate, but its been a good challenge. It's nice to get to know new people and also another culture, within another one. It's been rewarding getting to know these two students.
This week has been eventful! I wasn't needed to tutor this week and so I've been filling my days with social activities. It's a nice needed break. I was able to spend one evening with a group of american girls over a birthday dinner (happy birthday shana!) It was so rewarding! We were able to share our experiences living here in Nairobi, how to continue to challenge ourselves as young women, and even have more intentionality with getting together for community, and sanity at times!
I was also invited into a 'mzungu' gathering, enjoying a game of volleyball, pizza, and worship. What a night! It was refreshing to meet more and more americans living here. I met a girl serving in southern sudan and was in kenya for a rest/ vacation. The rest are young people living in Nairobi doing missions, teaching, media work with AIM, working for Google, to church planting. It was a great time of swallowship. I was incredibly encouraged and blessed by this group of people.
I'm still praying through how I can become involved with my church. I still love the social justice ministry (and I need to be more involved in that to begin with but I'm also wondering if there is somewhere else to serve). There's a new church plant that I'm thinking about attending/ getting involved with. And also wanting to do more hobbies on the side like an interior design internship or event planning. So with those thoughts running through my mind, I wonder where my time shall go.
Lastly, ByGrace is going on well. The beginning of the year has gone on well so far. I just got word that we will be partnering with Lakewood Christian Schools for their February Mission project! I am so excited, thrilled, and humbled by this opportunity. Such an answer to prayer! If you or anyone you know would like to be more involved with partnering with Bygrace (either with the Children's home or Academy), please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm your go to girl!
As some of you know, I'm a thinker. I'm constantly running situations, circumstances, conversations, questions, etc all the time in my brain. It usually never stops! This week I have been able to sit with a friend and talk through these things. It's been good for me to resonate with someone, a peer and friend, with life's big questions. But we are also left with no answers. Just the Lord telling us/ me to WAIT. I am learning that God needs time to answer our prayers. This is not an easy lesson thats for sure. I want to have peace of mind about some major life questions at this point in time. And I'm truly learning to wait in the Lord and trust that he is working in me even now. Here is a sneek peek at a devotion I had earlier this week:
"It takes God time to answer prayer. We often fail to give God a chance in this respect. it takes time for God to paint a rose. It takes time for God to grow an oak. It takes time for God to make bread from wheat fields. He takes the earth. he pulverizes. He softens. He enriches. He wets with showers and dews. He warms with life. he gives the blade, the stock, the amber green, and then at last the bread for the hungry.
All this takes time. Therefore, we sow and till, and wait and trust until all God's purpose has been wrought out. We give God a chance in this matter of time. We need to learn this same lesson in our prayer life. it takes God time to answer prayer".
-J.H.M.
I dont know if this is also where you find yourself, or have in the past. Just sitting in the meadow of uncertainty, playing with grass, talking to Jesus and trying to pass the time. thats what this season looks like for me.
i miss you all and love you dearly! thanks for keeping on with me on this journey here in Kenya.
shalom.
Loved spending time with you this week!! Thanks for being in my life!
ReplyDelete