Greetings to a new year! I'll admit, 2011 has rolled on by incredibly fast, thats for sure! (I bet you can agree!) this past year has been life changing for me: I moved to Kenya (duh!), started my master's program, lost my grandmother, spent time in sunny so cal and remembered how summers used to be, and once again back home in the motherland with a new vision. My life is ever-changing, I wonder what stability looks like.....thats for another entry.
I've been asking friends if they decide to do new year's resolutions, most dont. But i enjoy it! It's fun thinking of new and exciting things to do (and for me, to loosely commit to some than others). So here's my list:
LOVE God, others, life
do more writing (journaling, blogging, cards, etc)
incorporate my passions into my life in Kenya (event planning, interior design, social justice, art)
train for a marathon (what better place to do it?? No joke, the world's fastest runners train in Ngong, Kenya...DONE)
learn more swahili, re-learn spanish
CROCHET! (i brought yarn, a handbook, and a needle. need i say more?)
read more books.
travel kenya. east africa.
stay connected. to the world news. friends. family. church. God.
my year's motto:
'do small things with GREAT love' - mother teresa
may you be encouraged, refreshed, and rejuvinated for this upcoming new year, 2012!!!
shalom.
I love your resolutions! I hope you have already began to lean into some of them. Two that I made at the beginning of the year were
ReplyDelete1) be honest- say what I really mean and no more
2) embrace inefficiency- I do not want to see God and have him hold my face and say "well done, my tired and efficient little girl."
You inspire me babe!