Wednesday, December 21, 2011

happy xmas!










my frequent visitor: brian : )




Happy Holidays from sunny Kenya! The weather just quickly changed from cloudy and rainy to dry and sunny. I find it ironic that today I sun bathed in my backyard. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind working on my tan, its like the two best things: summertime and Christmas!! : )

I haven’t been too busy this holiday break. I’ve honestly just been at home most of the time, and shopping for presents. I’ve enjoyed reading magazines I brought from home, spending time with Lauren, and hosting some holiday parties to top it off! As some of you know, I made up a fantastic holiday called kwanzaanukah about 3 years ago. I was thinking, why not combine two holidays I don’t celebrate and plan an event for the purpose of just having close friends come together and spread some cheer during the jolly holidays.

Well, it has been going strong, whether stateside or abroad. Each party is special in its own way, and always enjoyable. For the first time, I had MY own home to hose it (which has always been a want). I had a small group of friends come over, eat, and play a tournament of UNO. There was much laughter filling up the warmth of my home. What a great time to share a piece of home with my community here.

On an important note, Lauren and I also hosted a small Thanksgiving dinner with a few friends. It’s not as big as I am used to, but it was sweet. Lauren did the cooking, which is just ONE reason why I love living with yet another roommate who likes to cook. (hey Room!!!) She had prepared fried potatoes with some good spices, along with breaded chicken. I gladly celebrated my added holiday weight during that festivity.

Lately I’ve been missing the holiday cheer. I miss driving around looking at all the lights (especially the houses that have magically synchronized their blinking of lights to blaring Christmas carols), or pumpkin spice lattes, and even the candies in bowls hanging around homes and offices. I spent almost 3 bucks on the smallest bag of sweets the other day. The price was worth it. Can I just say, “Sees Candies needs to get its act together and plan a store in my neighborhood!!” (Put me on that planning committee!)

I am trying to always include pictures in my blogs so here are some for ya. I have included pictures of my house, along with some pictures from our past holiday parties. Hope this gives you a glimpse of my life here. Living in Kenya has always been an adventure, and I wouldn’t mind if it stayed that way!

May you enjoy this holiday season, and really SOAK IN the time you have with family and close friends. Hug them a little tighter, and don’t ever forget to tell them “I love you”, it will never get old (trust me). Miss you all!!! HAPPY KWANZAANUKAH

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment