Friday, September 14, 2012

california dreaming

Greetings friends! 

I know as some of you are adjusting back to the 'school life', whether thats going back into the classroom yourself, sending your kids back to the classrooms, or youre noticing you are experiencing more traffic jams on your way to work in the morning, then we know summer has surely ended. How was it for you? Did you travel? Did you stay in the area? Did you hibernate? Tell me how the sunshine and you made time for one another, id love to know! 

As for me, the last few months of 'summer' were quite busy! With different visitors coming in and out, I was running around. Lucky for me, Kenya has its own school schedule, so the month of August I was on 'break'. I was so tired, so I just mainly rested in the house, met up with some friends, and read...a lot. My first day back to work was today, and it went well. It was a bit quiet today because not all our students have returned, most still travelling back from holiday break with family. Nonetheless, it was nice to be back. To greet the students, say hi to fellow teachers, and get back in the swing of the things. 

I'm not sure how many of you know this, or understand this situation fully, but my visa expires in mid October and it's quite urgent I leave the country so that I don't need to have an unfriendly 'visit' with government officials. I talked with my directors today and we all agree going home on furlough to rest, rejuvenate, and relax is just what I need. I've been gone for one year and I am surely ready to get back home and meet with you all! 

Knowing that I need to leave the country in 5 weeks is exciting, but also really daunting. I didn't realize the urgency of needing to leave Kenya with an expiring visa and so, I don't have the money to pay for my airfare home. And so I am needing to raise funds for this. I plan to leave the second week in October so I will need my money by the end of September. If you are able to give any amount of money towards my ticket, it is greatly appreciated, any donation will help! 

Please send checks to ByGrace Trust PO Box 1631 La Mirada, Ca 90637. Write checks out to "ByGrace Trust' and "Shar Airfare" on the memo line. Because of the need to purchase the ticket as soon as possible, any amount of giving will be quickly wired to me here in Kenya so I can make my purchase and be on my way home in October! 

As I wait until my furlough time, I will be enjoying spending time with the kids, teaching PE, and continue developing the relationships I have here. As much as I will miss Kenya while I'm gone, it's time for me to come home. I miss you all and I truly want to meet with you, share life over a cup of a coffee, and see what the Lord is doing in our lives! 

Lastly, I want to thank YOU for your support. For reading the numerous  long winded emails, sticking it out with me while I'm gone, and believing in my vision for ministry in Kenya. And also for those who support me financially, all doesn't go unnoticed. It's very much appreciated, and an incredible blessing to receive. May the Lord return your generosity with love, joy, and peace this new lovely season of Fall (its my favorite time of year!) Hope to see you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment